Lend a Hand
Shop. . . Volunteer. . . Donate
We are known for our “hidden treasures” and specialize in the “thrift and drift” of the ages. In the market for a vintage picnic basket? A dress, jewelry, or pair of shoes?
Candelabra or set of chairs?
Our shelves endlessly delight, fascinate, and propose new solutions for both wardrobe and home.
Garage Sales throughout the year and special reductions every week define us as a destination for the gloriously upcycled.
You are invited to join us! To learn more, please read our Membership Brochure and be sure to call us at 914 666 6557 to speak with a volunteer. Once a member of a Twigs Community Group, you may:
• Assist in the boutique. We always need more hands to sort, price, and display our donated merchandise, just as we seek kind hearts to help our faithful clientele. A boutique shift is four hours and the schedule, an intricate weaving of Twigs Community Groups, follows a monthly pattern.
• Make comfort items. Twigs ladies create soft pillows from charming textiles, made all the more irresistible by their "cloud-like" polyfil centers. We follow set dimensions and specifications so as to grant maximum comfort to NWH surgery patients.
• Make layette items. Each year we donate over 140 layette sets to the NWH Prenatal Care Center so that underserved parents may return home with well-dressed newborns. Layette sets include a bassinette blanket, two receiving blankets, one cap, one sweater, booties or socks, a bath towel, and one seasonally appropriate ensemble. Many of these items are handmade by our ladies with an artisanal touch; purchased items are new.
Call 914 666 6557 to arrange an appointment.
We look forward to working your donation (of no more than 3 boxes/bags) into our calendar!
• Gently-worn (not stained or torn) clothing for men, women and children on hangers or folded in boxes
• Shoes with well-preserved soles
• Handbags, scarves, belts, gloves, ties, hats
• Jewelry (costume and other!)
• Housewares, especially dishes, lamps, small appliances in working order
• Music CDs and DVDs
• Small furniture
• Toys and games (containing all pieces)
Items We Cannot Accept:
• Baby equipment: cribs, carseats, walkers, swings, etc.
• Books (children's books and cookbooks are exceptions)
• Building or construction materials
• Large furniture
• Used bathing suits, underwear
• Wheelchairs or medical devices such as crutches, braces, etc.
Thank you for understanding that we are not able to accept items that are not “like new” in their condition.
Everything must be clean and of "ready to sell" quality.